noun, plural darcies.
- Physics. a unit of permeability, representing the rate of flow.
- Metaphysics. a yippie chick who yearns to shine her unique light in the world; a permaculture-inspired Earth Mama who lives by example, and strives to share the love; a new chick(en) Mama; a Mama Bliss loving parenting coach who is finally ready to start inspiring fellow yippie chicks; a Soul Sister; a community and climate activist who is ready to create ripples and waves of social change; a M.A. graduate in Environment and Community from Antioch University Seattle; a book reader and news filterer; a proud Rotarian; a local and global volunteer for a better world; a woo-woo loving tarot reader who loves sitting in the front pew; a home water birth mama of three beautiful children; a sometimes challenged, but devoted wife; a “new girl” Astoria marveler; a third generation Oregonian; a hippie child; a millionaire; a yoga lover; a pot smoker; a beer snob; a hiker; a camper; a Danish speaker; a health-seeker; a daydreamer; a diverse music fan; a live concert reveler; a traveler; a dancer; a sailor; a paddleboarder; a sea kayaker; an aquaphile; an e-biker, and Queen of McClure Park.
Origin: after Henri-Philibert-Gaspard Darcy (1803-58), French engineer
Meaning: In Irish dorcha means “dark, dark-haired” or “descendant of the dark one.” Both a surname and a given name.
Gender: Girl | Female
- a prickly bush or shrub that typically bears red, pink, yellow, or white fragrant flowers, native to north temperate regions. Numerous hybrids and cultivars have been developed and are widely grown as ornamentals.
- a thing representing or resembling the flower, in particular.
- a girl blossoming into a woman.
- make rosy. working to make the world a better place.
- rose colored glasses. to see the best light in the world.
- “a warm flush now rosed her hitherto pale cheeks”